The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Oops in Austin on 6th St.

15K views 66 replies 49 participants last post by  sentino 
#1 ·
Member here?

(Before anyone else says it: I'm sure that will buff out!)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
With the brakes on this car that is totally uncalled for. Must have been not doing their duty of paying attention of the job at hand. DRIVING!??!??!

P.S. I think it might need a new front clam, not for sure though it might buff out.

#4 ·
Your assuming the lotus was driving forward.. Who to say the taxi didnt back into the lotus.. :D

#5 ·
is that a correct jack-point for the taxi?

"no DWI" graphic on the cab?

#10 ·
The Spokeslist (local autox club) had quite a bit of discussion about this earlier today. It happened this afternoon in downtown Austin. There were photos of the Exige on a flatbed being hauled away--the front clam (obviously) is gone and the windshield was badly damaged. It was a local Austin driver; not sure if he is active on this forum.

#15 ·
Unless the cab was going backwards pretty fast, you'd think he would have stopped going up the front of the Lotus as soon as his wheels were raised off the ground. So.....I'm thinking Lotus-hits-cab.

#46 ·
i dont know about that... admittedly its difficult with only one pic to look at the evidence but it seems as though the airbags didnt go off in the lotus which they really should have if the lotus ran into the cab. also if the lotus did run into the cab there should be a small amout of debris laying right next to the tire as the clam gets pressed into the road and shears off pieces of fiberglass.

#18 ·
Sit in your car and imagine a bumper where your windshield is.
-eek-

#26 ·
Wow, I wonder what really happened?

#27 ·
Ouch! Hate to see that.

#30 ·
Come on you all, has no one else ever been in a taxi? Those people drive like maniacs. I wouldn't be surprised if the taxi driver had been in reverse at full speed when this occurred.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.